1. The fiscal year shall run from January 1 until December 31.
2. The Board of Directors must meet at least on a quarterly basis.
3. No member of the Association may serve as President for more than two (2) consecutive terms.
4. Board Members Board Members must attend at least 2 board meetings annually and at least 1 GAPPI sponsored training event annually. If not, the board member can be replaced by vote of the board, and absences exceeding the requirements would have to be approved by the board.
5. The Secretary shall turn over to the newly elected Secretary all supplies and equipment pertaining to the Association no later than the first business day following January 1 of the calendar year.
6. Each member will be furnished with at least one report annually regarding the financial condition of the Association. This requirement may be met by a publication in the Association newsletter. The Chairman of the Newsletter Committee shall be authorized to solicit and collect fees for advertising in the Association’s newsletters. These fees shall be used first to offset the cost of the publication and mailing of the newsletter. All excess proceeds will be deposited with the Treasury into the general fund of the Association.
7. The dues for active members shall be One-Hundred ($100.00) dollars per annum. The non-refundable fee for each application will be twenty ($20.00) dollars. Dues for associate members shall be One-Hundred ($100.00) dollars. Dues for retired members shall be One-Hundred ($100.00) dollars. Dues for student members shall be Fifty ($50.00) dollars. Corporate membership is also available at a cost of Two-Hundred ($200.00) dollars. The corporate membership includes your company and three (3) a rate of Seventy ($70.00) dollars per employee.
8. Executive Director. The Board of Directors shall be authorized to approve the employment of an Executive Director to conduct the day-to-day business of the association.
a. Accountability. The Executive Director shall be employed by and report to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director shall consult with and be responsible to the President between meetings of the Board of Directors.
b. Duties. The Executive Director shall:
i. Be responsible, in consultation with the President, for the employment of such personnel as required to carry out the duties of the association office provided that such employment falls within the constraints established by the budget and personnel policies established by the Board of Directors; and
ii. Perform such other duties as stated in the bylaws, GAPPI Standing Rules, and standing rules of the Board of Directors, the personnel policies established by the Board of Directors, and as directed by the Board of Directors, or the President.
c. Eligibility. To be eligible for the position of Executive Director the person shall:
i. Not be employed by, or perform work for, any private detective agency.
ii. Not be a licensed or practicing private detective.
d. Term of Employment and Compensation.
i. The individual to fill the position of Executive Director shall be chosen by a plurality vote of the Board of Directors.
ii. Only a majority vote of the Board of Directors can terminate the employment of the Executive Director. Georgia Association of Professional Private Investigators, Inc. Last revision: January 2008
iii. The President may take such disciplinary actions deemed necessary between meetings of the Board of Directors.
iv. The compensation for the Executive Director will be determined and adjusted by the Board of Directors. State of Georgia who must be in good standing with the Georgia Board of Private Investigators and Security Agencies.